Friday, August 1, 2008

nothing but a bawling mass



OK, so about two years ago, I read Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper." After bawling my eyes out, I told everyone it was one of the best books I had ever read. They all looked at my red, puffy and swollen eyes, and told me I was on crack. Well guess what, now I have another red, puffy and swollen-eyed comrade.


This afternoon I had a meeting at Westminster (I am SO excited to start!), and when I came home, Whitter-Ann was sitting on the couch, and sobbed something to me. Not seeing what she was holding, I blandly answered, "What?" to which my mom answered "I think she needs her sister." I saw what she was holding and ran right over to her. As we finished the last 10 pages together, WE BAWLED (yes I bawled AGAIN!).

Clumped in this huddled mass on the couch, I gained my red, puffy and swollen-eyed comrade. As Courtney and her little friends stared at us, we told Mom and Shauntel that they NEED to read this book, to which they replied, "Yeah right!"

I am so thankful to have the 5 sisters I do. They all teach me so much, and I love them with all my heart!

Trust me, you NEED to read this book!

No comments: